May is Mental Health Awareness month and oftentimes we tend to place others before ourselves. However, it’s so important to take care of you. As my mom would say how can you take care of others if you don’t take care of yourself first. Growing up I watched my mom take time out for herself to rejuvenate and now I find myself doing the same. Here are just a few of my self-care tips that I practice.
- Manicure/Pedicures- Every two weeks I get a fresh man/pedi. I really enjoy being pampered and the massage chairs are so relaxing.
- Massage- Massages are just amazing. if you cant’ afford the price, Groupon always has deals, no excuse, get a massage.
- Work out – Whether you hike a trail or jog in your neighborhood, working out gives you added endorphins to help you feel better and be better.
- A day of rest- Biblically speaking God calls us to rest at least one day out of the work. It allows us to recuperate from a hectic week. During this time, I don’t think about anything negative. I don’t worry about my bills or work, I just rest.
- Soak in the tub- light up candles in the bathroom add lavender espisom salt in bath. listen to some jazz, and breathe deeply.
Self care is important, beacause you are important. Don’t stretch yourself too thin. Take a moment for you, because you cannot take care of others without taking care of you.